Colleen Low

Marriage Celebrant

Gold Coast Queensland

I can understand the uncertainty about choosing a Celebrant and organising a wedding without even meeting with me.

The relationship that I develop with my couples won't be any less just because of your distance.

The only difference is that we are unable to have our initial meeting, everything else is the same.

We will have many emails or phone conversations before you arrive to organise a beautiful day for you all.

Please be assured that my job as your Celebrant, I personally guarantee to make this day as relaxed, enjoyable and romantic as you both deserve.

From the day you arrive here on the Gold Coast this will be this will best days of your life.

On arrival to the Gold Coast, before the ceremony I of course look forward to meeting with your both.

I then need for you to sign another legal document, sight your legal documents and then to discuss and finalise all your plans for the day.

So please be assured that my job as your Celebrant, I personally guarantee to make your day romantic, relaxed and most of all stress free.

That is my job to do the worrying!

To be legally married in Australia, a man and woman must:

  • not be married to someone else.
  • not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister.
  • be at least eighteen years old, unless a court has approved a marriage where one party is aged between sixteen and eighteen years old.
  • understand what marriage means and freely consent to becoming husband and wife.
  • use specific words during the ceremony.
  • give written notice of their intention to marry to their authorised celebrant.

Applying for a visa yourself

You don't have to be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia to legally marry here.

You can find marriage visa information on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website, if you hope to live in Australia after your marriage.

Important paperwork

Notice of Intended Marriage form. (Click on the link for a copy of the document)

The Notice of Intended Marriage form must be given to the authorised celebrant no earlier than 18 months and no later than one month before the date of the marriage.

A notice expires after 18 months, and a marriage may not be solemnised if the Notice of Intended Marriage was received more than 18 months before the date of the proposed marriage.

Parties are encouraged to produce their evidence of date and place of birth as well as evidence of identity and the end of any previous marriage (if relevant) at the time of lodging the Notice of Intended Marriage.

The evidence of date and place of birth can be in the way of a Passport or Official Birth certificate. If Birth Certificate is not in English, a translated copy in English is required. If Birth certificate is used, then documents in the way of drivers licence or passport is required as evidence of identity.

However, this document may be produced at any time before the marriage is solemnised. For the purposes of complying with the timeframes required for lodging the Notice of Intended Marriage it is sufficient for an authorised celebrant to sight scanned (emailed) or faxed copies of the documents at the time of lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage.

I may also ask you to complete a statutory declaration to support your evidence.

The notice may be completed and witnessed outside Australia if required. See Notice of Intended Marriage form for details of whom can witness.

Talk to me if there is less than one month before your wedding. A prescribed authority may approve a shorter notice time in some limited circumstances.

I am very happy to provide 2 witnesses, of which is a legal requirement for your Australian Marriage (extra fee applies).

I have had many dealings in Overseas Marriage Visa applications , and am very happy to assist in this process.